A beautiful season, a new book, a new top


             On Autumn….

“The morns are meeker than they were,

The nuts are getting brown;

The berry’s cheek is plumper,

The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,

The field a scarlet gown.

Lest I should be old-fashioned,

I’ll put a trinket on.”

Emily Dickinson



Hello, October!

I welcome your beautiful warm colors

and all what you bring along!

I enjoy letting myself “fall” into this cozy season…a good book, a cup of tea, and a quilt to make it warm and perfect.

Last year I finished a top, using colors to celebrate this lovely season.

DSCF9047

Kaffe Fasset stripes and oak shot fabrics, they match so beautifully.

Finally done, quilted and bound.

DSCF9452

DSCF9440


A closer view…

DSCF9447DSCF9446


And,

she did it again!

Her third book is full of colorful, stunning, and beautiful quilts!

Eye candy, as usual,

Willyne Hammerstein.

DSCF9505

Her creativity is fascinating, I was stunned when I saw her quilts and met her years ago, a joyful, friendly woman, ever smiling and so nice to talk to. I confess I still haven’t made any of her great patterns, but, never knows!

She does not use the English Paper Piecing method, what is astonishing when you take a look at how tiny the pattern pieces are. But that’s the method quilters all over the world are making her patterns. She really brought EPP to a new level without using it! EPP and fussy cutting, a magical combination.

A few pictures to give an idea …

DSCF9515

Take a look at the border of this quilt,

lovely!

DSCF9516

I’m mesmerized by this one…

Everything about it, the colors, the movement, the border,

a quilt to fall in love with!

DSCF9513

Thanks Willyne for all the inspiration,

for taking us into your beautiful, colorful world of quilts.


Now, to a new top I’ve started.

Pssss….it’s going to be a gift!

DSCF9502

Have a lovely and creative time!

newBlogSignature

Comments

dutchcomfort said…
Your Fall quilt is lovely with the stripes and all! Of course I’m curious to see your new project take shape!

Popular Posts